This guide provides a comprehensive overview of Minecraft Brewing recipes. It includes recipes for base potions and effect potions (positive, negative, and mixed).
The guide includes a list of all Brewing recipes, along with the ingredients and effects extend & enhance details.
What is brewing in Minecraft?
Brewing is the process of making potions, splash potions, and lingering potions in Minecraft. It is done by adding different ingredients to water bottles in a brewing stand.
How to brew potions in Minecraft?
To brew potions in Minecraft, follow these steps:
- Place a Brewing Stand and open its menu.
- Fill the Blaze Powder in the top-left fuel slot.
- Place your base ingredient in the slot on top.
- Place a water bottle in one of the three slots provided below.
The potion will begin brewing automatically, and the arrow icon next to the slots will begin to fill with white.
Minecraft base potions brewing recipes
- Awkward potion: Water Bottle + Nether Warts
- Thick potion: Water Bottle + Glowstone Dust
- Splash potion: Water Bottle + Gunpowder
- Lingering potion: Splash potion + Dragon’s Breath
- Mundane potion: Water Bottle + (Spider Eye / Ghast Tear / Rabbit’s Foot / Blaze Powder / Glistering Melon Slice / Sugar / Magma Cream / Redstone Dust)
Base potions are brewed by adding a single ingredient to a water bottle, and they don’t have any effects.
In all base potions, only the awkward potion can be mixed with an effect ingredient to create a potion with an effect.
Minecraft effect potions brewing recipes
Positive effects potions recipes
- Potion of Healing: Awkward potion + Glistering Melon Slice
- Potion of Fire Resistance: Awkward potion + Magma Cream
- Potion of Regeneration: Awkward potion + Ghast Tear
- Potion of Strength: Awkward potion + Blaze Powder
- Potion of Swiftness: Awkward potion + Sugar
- Potion of Night Vision: Awkward potion + Golden Carrot
- Potion of Invisibility: Potion of Night Vision + Fermented Spider Eye
- Potion of Water Breathing: Awkward potion + Pufferfish
- Potion of Leaping: Awkward potion + Rabbit’s Foot
- Potion of Slow Falling: Awkward potion + Phantom Membrane
Negative effects potions recipes
- Potion of Poison: Awkward potion + Spider Eye
- Potion of Weakness: Water Bottle + Fermented Spider Eye
- Potion of Harming: Potion of Healing + Potion of Poison + Fermented Spider Eye
- Potion of Slowness: Potion of Swiftness + Potion of Leaping + Fermented Spider Eye
Mixed effects potions recipes
- Potion of the Turtle Master: Awkward potion + Turtle Shell
Extend and Enhance potion effects
Next, you can extend potion effect by adding Redstone Dust and enhance potion effect by adding Glowstone Dust.
- Potions can be extended: Fire Resistance, Regeneration, Strength, Swiftness, Night Vision, Invisibility, Water Breathing, Leaping, Slow Falling, Poison, Weakness, Slowness, the Turtle Master
- Potions can be enhanced: Healing, Regeneration, Strength, Swiftness, Leaping, Poison, Harming, Slowness, the Turtle Master
To make a potion with an effect, you need to start with an Awkward Potion. Then, you add the effect ingredient you want. Some effects require you to corrupt the potion with a Fermented Spider Eye.
Here, Potion of Weakness is the only potion that doesn’t require nether wart, so it’s handy to have.
Minecraft unbrewable potions
You can’t brew the Potion of Luck (Java Edition only) or the Potion of Decay (Bedrock Edition only). You can only get them through commands or the Creative inventory.
That’s all folks! This was a quick guide to Minecraft potion recipes. Now you know how to brew all the potions in Minecraft.