This guide provides information about Minecraft Brewing base and effect ingredients, which are used to brew potions in Minecraft. It lists all of the ingredients, their modifier effects, and the effects that occur when they are corrupted.
Minecraft brewing potions ingredients
The following are lists of brewing potions base and effect ingredients in Minecraft:
Potions base ingredients
Minecraft potions base ingredients name and modifier effect:
- Nether Wart – Creates complex potions.
- Redstone Dust – Extends the duration of a potion.
- Glowstone Dust – Enhances the level of a potion.
- Fermented Spider Eye – Corrupts potion effect.
- Gunpowder – Turns potion to splash potion.
- Dragon’s Breath – Turns splash potion into a lingering potion.
Base ingredients are the foundation of all potions. They are added directly to a water bottle in potion brewing.
Modifiers are ingredients used to change the properties of a potion or to alter its effect.
Potions effect ingredients
Minecraft potions effect ingredients name and effects:
- Sugar – Speed (corrupted effect: Slowness)
- Rabbit’s Foot – Jump Boost (corrupted effect: Slowness)
- Glistering Melon Slice – Instant Health (corrupted effect: Instant Damage)
- Spider Eye – Poison (corrupted effect: Instant Damage)
- Pufferfish – Water Breathing
- Magma Cream – Fire Resistance
- Golden Carrot – Night Vision (corrupted effect: Invisibility)
- Blaze Powder – Strength (corrupted effect: Weakness)
- Ghast Tear – Regeneration
- Turtle Shell – Slowness, Resistance
- Phantom Membrane – Slow Falling
Effect ingredients give awkward potions their special effects, but they don’t change potion duration or intensity. If you add most of these ingredients directly to a water bottle, you’ll just end up with a mundane potion.
Here, Golden Carrot, Pufferfish, Turtle shell, and phantom membrane cannot be added directly to a water bottle.
That’s all about Minecraft brewing potions ingredients. Hope you find it helpful to brew potions in your game.