In Clash of Clans, you can change your name using the “Change name” option in “More Settings”. Name change free for 1st time and cost gems for future change.
How to change your name in Clash of Clans?
- Reach Town Hall level 5 – Change name feature unlock at Town Hall level 5.
- Open Settings window – by tapping the cog icon from bottom right corner.
- Tap More Settings button – “More Settings” button available at bottom area of setting options.
- Tap Change Name button – To start the name change process, tap “Change Name” button.
- Enter a new name – Do not use special characters (like emoji) in your username.
- Confirm name change – Type “CONFIRM” and tap Okay button to confirm change.
How to change your name in Clash of Clans without gems?
Clash of Clans gives one free name change. And, to change your name without gems, you need to reach Town Hall level 5. After that, you can change your name for free using the “Change name” option in “More Settings”.
If you want to change your name a second or more times, then changing your name will cost you gems.
How to change name in CoC 2nd time, 3rd time or more time?
Process to change a name in CoC is the same for 1st, 2nd, 3rd or so on time.
But, name changes cost gems for the 2nd time, 3rd time and so on.
- 1st name change – Free
- 2nd name change – 500 Gems
- 3rd name change – 1000 Gems
- 4th name change – 1500 Gems
It means, after the 1st name change, each name change costs you 500 gems more, up to 10000 gems(maximum).
Also, in most normal cases CoC does not change usernames upon support request.
Tip: Choose your CoC name (username) wisely, to avoid gems cost.